Tuesday 26 June 2012

Random rant

Tmr is my last paper yaaaaay!! But still now that Worlds is over I have to greatly cut down my playing time and prepare for A Levels in November, but then again it's me and I may decide to not give a fuck.

Anyway, I haven't done a Worlds report yet and believe me, I planned to. What I didn't plan to do is get top decked four times in 11 games. That's some high odds on getting sacked. The only good thing I got out of it was the revelation that Mind Control deserves a ban. A whopping 50% of the sacks were Mind Controls!

For anyone who didn't know I was actually playing Inzecter so ya. Not as though I would have a world of goodness with Six Sam though.

Anyway, everyone is calling time on YGO, cos it's boring. But ofc I'm a Doppel player and once you play Doppel too much everything else is boring. Fact.

I'm actually thinking that the reason for the boring format is HEAVY STORM! No joke, with Trunade formats, people actually had to think if the backrows were real. And good plays weren't the only thing that won games, poker faces and mindfucking skills did too, and you can't deny that adds an all new dimension to the game, making it interesting.

So ban Heavy Storm, it sucks. Same time, ban Reborn. Retarded card.

Also, I'm not ashamed to say this, but the guy who got perfect Swiss at Worlds didn't deserve it. Offering Gadget, WTF. Call it a good meta call or what, it's a bullshit deck that requires fingers and colour differentiation to play. I've seen that guy play before and as far as skill goes......... Ya you get it.

So while they're at it, limit Offering.

Anyway, the problem is with how boring the game is right now, and the reason for that is the lack of REACTIVE decks. Like Doppel, what you did was based on what your opponent did. Right now we're in a format of, "I'll do my shit and hopefully my opponent doesn't stop me." That's how decks nowadays run and the only reason god players win still is cos they can see the timings better than bad players. But everyone says it's BORING. In general September formats are better anyway, though TGAA was dominant, it was at least a reactive deck kinda.

Okay I dunno what else to say. May play in locals this weekend, so maybe you can expect a report.

Oh ya! New DEs! Can expect Ultra Black Whirlwinds and Super Kulat and maybe some Rare Blizzards! Actually I'm just waiting for Trap Stun reprint, need to grab a playset.

No comments:

Post a Comment