Monday 16 April 2012

Asia Championships 2012

Well, I didn't actually plan to do a report if I scrubbed in my first round. I didn't, but I lost my second round stupidly when I think if I had just followed my gut I would hav won.

That sucks, losing due to your own mistakes. So I was quite down about it but hey better men than me have had the same happen to them so WTF.

Anyway, I REALLY didn't want to be seeded, I wanted to win. But being seeded means you don't lose which about the same as winning so meh.

So being seeded I got to skip round 1 & 2, going straight to round 3.

Round 3 vs David (TG Inzecter) XOO
Game 1 - I started with Gateway United Yaichi double backrow. He starts with 4 backrow. I SP my topdecked Kizan, got Solemned, got Stormed and died. Damn.
Game 2 - I open with Shi'en off United. David hates Shi'en ;)
Game 3 - Game was called to time, he opened double Card Car "D"s which basically screamed "MY HAND IS SHIT" so I jus press some damage and win. Not how I envisioned winning....

Round 4 vs Anthony (Chaos Dragon) OXX
Game 1 - I got the best hand I ever got in my life. Well, it's only good if he had no backrow, which he didn't.
Game 2 - Made a mistake suspecting Chain D at first, but got greedy. In the end my potential Shi'en double backrow vs 3 hand cards became Enishi Elder double backrow vs Dragonute with 3 hand cards.
Game 3 - I drew my traps he opened Storm. There was really not much I could open with anyway.

Stupid way to win, stupid way to die, considering I should have already controlled Game 2. Would have went on to play against Wesley to have our first big tournament grudge match. More importantly, show that entering Top 20 wasn't a fluke just cos I was seeded.

My friend Zhi made it Top 8 with Six Sams and got a feature match. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOP 4, MISPLAY. And summore I always win him one walau eh what is this logic.

Well good news is, I made alot of cash selling all my impulsive buys without making too much of a loss :) so that day I got Top 20, free mat and cash! And my friends were raiding the gift counter lololol.

Sad part though, as I was still in at Round 4, I was put off by that long queue for Challenge the Champion, should have just queued.

Left after watching all of Jeff's group games. Must say that the Korean deserved his win, though his game winning move of MST-ing his own Mantis seemed obvious, I'd bet some established players would miss it out in those pressure cooker situations, noobs won't see it at all.

Oh well, let's just get a proper mainstream winning deck {ahem Inzecters} and get ready for Worlds!

4 comments:

  1. Heard that KFC scrub. Best part, he never met any Inzektors. And Eustace, you are a scrub too. You sure you REALLY didn't want to be seeded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol KFC hit Top 36, you're probably a bigger scrub than him. Don't even dare identify yourself still talk so much, you're a coward as well.

      Delete
    2. Are you sucking up to KFC? *shakes head

      Delete
    3. @anon
      Can you just STFU, you son of a ****. Have guts come yewtee find me and we sort this out! You pussy whose mum had abandoned in the toilet bowl!

      Is it your business that I scrubbed?

      Delete