Wednesday 26 October 2011

CardMaster Tournament Report (26/10/11)

Number of participants: 33
Deck used: Junk Doppel

Round 1 - Jun Jie (Agent Angel) OXO
Game 1 - Can't remember
Game 2 - He began to calculate something I jus sensed that I was screwed, then Mind Control my Ryko, burst my BTH, mill-ed a Kristya, and followed up with Monster Reborn on that KRISTYA(BITCH ANGEL) plus 1 Kycoo. Tried to top deck, but not maining Dark Hole or siding it doesn't help in these situations.
Game 3 - Began to control the tempo after luring out Warning with Core Destroyer, Trishula-ed him to prevent any DOGSHIT HYPERIONS, then blind Crush-ed aiming for Dark Hole, the only thing I thought could save him. Showed me a hand of Herald (must hav jus drawn it), Monster Reborn and 2 Shine Balls. Tried Reborning Raiou but got BTH.
MY FIRST AGENT WIN EVER!!!!

Round 2 - zzsammyzz (Offering Gadget) OO
Game 1 - Turn 4 BLS + Arms Aid after luring the BTH with a Librarian.
Game 2 - Went into Librarian + Formula, then attacked with Doppel Token, he Mirror Forced to which I chain DDV, ate his whole hand and he tried to stall, and jus when he thought he had bought a turn by top drawing D.P, MIND CRUSH!

Round 3 - Max (T.G Agent Angel, I think....) OXO
Game 1 - Thought super long on how to game him , he had a Librarian and an Earth with super low LP, 1000+, then I was thinking Splendid Rose at first, half the Librarian and go for double attack, then as I was about to come out the Rose, saw the Orient Dragon that Luke lent me and I was like !!, Orient plus Junk against an Earth = game.
Game 2 - Can't remember what happened early game, Veiler the 2nd ball as per normal, but had no good follow up. then he went into early Hyperions and I jus couldn't keep up.
Game 3 - Managed to go back and forth and depleted his resources, but that guy too pro confirm have more than that, then I went for a rather confident push with Librarian + Trishula, did a blind Crush on Dark Hole again, this time revealing a hand of BLS, Hyperion and Venus (WTF?!) He overextended slightly with the Hyperion and BLS and I activated Torrential Tribute. Next turn top draw RotA, took Junk and went for A.O.J, he still had 3000+ left, he drew and activated Pot, revealing nothing that could scare me from pushing, I reached out my hand thinking it was time, I think that pissed him off..... He took a Striker but did not set it, His Shine Balls were already gone so I dunno why he didn't do it.. I top draw Junk Synchron and I think that totally pissed him off.

If you are a huge Eustace fanboy, I suggest you stop reading cause everything else here are losses LAWL.

Round 4 - Wesley (PvZ) XX WHAT IS YUGIOH?
Game 1 - It is destiny.... Actually had chance for game, but his Zombie Master suicide on my Jain, then my BLS + Arms Aid combo wouldn't work cos he had a Goblin Zombie and 2 irritating Dandy tokens.
Game 2 - What to do? You can't beat destiny..... Actually he had a anti hand an I had an action hand and so I action he anti and then in the end scrub lor, what to do? Anti in the end always win one.

Round 5 - Vishal (WWBF) XOX
Game 1 - Hit the point where I had a chance to do a big push but no resources. Then here's the dilemma, he had a Sirroco and a Gale on the field, I had C.Soc and something else, he also had Black Whirlwind and only a Blizzard in hand which I saw earlier as he bounced for Zephyros as well as 2 Lvl 4 targets. Being a former BF player, I can already see the long stunt that would follow up if I had attacked the Sirroco, Blizzard pull, Whirlwind Vayu, Brio bounce, Arms Wing. So I decided to banish and go kill the Gale with my other mob, which I forgot was what. I knew I was leaving him with 3 DARK, but I rather that than LOSE. Top deck DAD and I lose....
It is here that I would like to apologise to Vishal for my reaction, I hate it that after all my calculations, I knew the only thing that would work was either a Shura or a DAD or something liddat, he could hav gotten a BTH but he didn't... I ran the risk and he got the only thing I did not want to see then. I mean, you knowingly let your opponent have 3 DARK, and he top decks DAD, I'm sure anyone'll be pissed.
Game 2 - Early game he kept hitting me with Vayu, even after depleting my set cards, so I guess he had no other mobs, got rid of his backrow with MSTs. Mind Control-ed my face down Doppel then Synchro-ed with it to come out Android. Can't remember how but I forced a Warning and pushed with a DAD, Scrap 2 Doppel token board. Or was it BLS? Apparantly he had DAD in his hand, and instead of Synchroing for A.O.J he went for Android, dunno why....
Game 3 - He opened with Whirlwind Shura take Kulat, set 1. Expecting an Icarus, I Mind Control-ed the Shura and summon Glow-up Bulb, he then activated Book of Moon. Set the Starlight Road (sob sob) and end, returning the Shura. He went on to swarm and summon Reaper, discarding my only hope left in Lonefire Blossom. Tried to top mill a Dandy, plan fail, and jus went downhill from there.

Result: 3-2
Luckily both Wesley and Vishal were 4-1 so I entered top 8.

Top 8 - Bryan (Agent Angel) XOX
Game 1 - Can't remember how, I think I Veiler 2nd Shine Ball but still did not have a good enough follow-up, lost to Agents hitting me I think.....
Game 2 - I started off with a Librarian + Formula opening on turn 1, building hand and trying to get a bigger grave, set Mind Crush and ended. Got Dark Hole-ed T.T. He summon Earth like all Agent players do, and 2 of his Venus got Crushed, revealing Kristya, Herald and another Earth. Next turn I BLS, DAD not scared of his backrow, and rushed, forcing the Herald with BLS effect. Set BTH to in case of any pesky Hyperion top decks, he drew and considered setting, then just scrubbed.
Game 3 - Had very little control of the game, was forced to A.O.J after Mind Control his Earth when he had a Venus and a Gachi on the field with 2 material, I decided to hit the Gachi, forcing 2 material out while I could, then he next turn think for like 10 seconds, Dark Hole and then KRISTYA(BITCH ANGEL) AFTER top decking MST which he used on my BTH, which I suspect he already knew what it was. WHAT IS YUGIOH?

Overall position: Top 8
Prize: SD21

When taking the prize, Max wanted to play but me, Vishal and Wesley all wanted to split, in the end we let him take whatever he wanted, which he took the VB14, the one I wanted T.T, we decided who take what next with a dice roll, I rolled 1, and just took the deck LOL.

Overall a good tourney with NO SCRUBS, so I actually have to work that brain of mine. Finally won Agents! And Baha with 0 wins I think won the lucky draw Roach and said, "Work so hard for what?" LOL. I admit to top decking against Max, maybe my premature handshake was.... ya..... as for the Vishal game, I was obviously pissed but I don't hold it against him, on the way home Wesley told me what Vishal once told him. If it's in the deck, you'll draw it. I topdecked too so who am I to complain. Anyway, Happy Deepavali, Vishal.

And out dear friend Weiheng who followed us today got epic sabo-ed when we all exclaimed that Chieflion was here, pointing to him. LAWL. Don't worry people, if Chieflion ever shows his hairy mane at an event where everyone is, I'll make sure EVERYONE KNOWS.

2 comments:

  1. that game would have been no different even if i had not top decked DAD. my hand was darkhole and blizzard and u had like 2500 lp left? i would have went for gaia knight~ anyway it was a good game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Ihad a face down CotH so it may have been different if you had drawn another Blizzard. Or like, Pot lol.

    ReplyDelete