Wednesday 11 July 2012

Banlist Talk - Chaos Dragons

From today till I release my predictions (which I haven't even decided yet) I will start with an article on some, maybe all decks, depending on my brain juices, highlighting their playstyle, standard plays, big plays, and how they could/should/would be affected by the banlist. I'm hoping to do one everyday, but like I said, I may not be able to even think of stuff to write. Also, I might miss out a few things, and opinions are most welcome.

I should be starting off with Inzecter, but I decided to start with C.Dragons because of the hot topic of Future Fusion.

The deck's big plays are basically its standard plays, vommitting out a field of big recurring boss mobs. The balance of the deck comes in its inability to utilise backrow, as well as dependcy on milling.

All in all Chaos Dragons, though winning now, is hard to pinpoint a certain problem area and say, this is what makes them imba.

Which comes to the topic of Future Fusion.

90% of the time opening with FF, enables the final turn board to open next turn, or maybe even there and then. However, due to milling as a key engine in the deck, FF often gets milled.

I mean, let's face it, if we just take FF out, Chaos Dragons will still win, simply because a closer look will show that Lightpulsar is the problem card.

REDMD is not a difficult monster to get rid of, it is huge yes, but has no defensive abilities, and the same goes for Pulsar. But when they are on the board together you know you're fucked. And is it FF that let's them do that? Well ya kinda, but they can do it still without FF.

Final verdict: Because everyone says it, FF will likely get banned, though I don't think it is THE problem, it certainly is one. Deck is unlikely to be affected furthur for next format due to relative youth in competitve scene.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Finally someone sees Lightpulasr as the real motherfucker in Chaos Dragons.

    ReplyDelete