Saturday 14 July 2012

Banlist Talk - Hieroglyphs

I actually wanted to make a post on Rabbit today, but then I saw something totally WTF in today's tourney and decided that it is time to give the attention to the OTK stunt deck of the format.

The standard plays of a Hieroglyph deck involve farming and setting up defences for backrow via Solemn or Trap Stun, whilst getting rid of them using MST and shit.

The deck revolves around the special summoning of some large dragons and eventual swarming of the field with large beaters than could potentially include a Bouncer, giving an element of control even if the OTK fails.

Now, comes the reason of changing the post today from Rabbit to Hiero. I saw a noob with a totally substandard build of Hiero that played jank like Lightray Sorceror and he could still tale games against better players, simply because he drew Tfeni, Shiyu, Shiyu and played Atum and Dragoon.

Really with just these three cards the rest of your deck could be Ojama and you can still take the game. That's rubbish, I didn't really think much of it previously but seeing how he won games when his deck is crap just cos he drew those three cards makes me think that the deck is a problem. I mean, no other deck really has an autowin if they have three cards in hand, other than maybe Damsel Hornet Mantis, or double Sweltering Field plus Rekindling. But even those need other cards in the deck not to be crap.

I could go on forever, but you get what I mean. I really didn't think Hiero was that big of a threat in the format cos it had a healthy win rate, but the way they win simply isn't good for the game.

Final verdict: I really don't think Hiero will take ANY hits, not even REDMD. They suck, and showing your opponent three cards and watching them scrub is not something to be proud of, but what the hay, it's a new deck and it's not wrecking the format so ya, no hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment