Saturday 19 November 2011

Top Shop Tourney "Report" (19/11/11)

This is not so much a report but more of a reflective article.
In my first 2 swiss rounds, versus Bixuan and Sebas, I made 2 very crucial errors in Game 3 which not only cost me the victory, but made me feel like a second grade player. I was extremely dissapointed with myself as I let not only myself down but Uncle who had decided to choose me and not just anyone else.
Against Bixuan, I had a Shi'en and a Magatama, he on MST with 2 hand cards and another set card, I assumed with the way he was shuffling his hand that he had a Declarer, as I wanted him to waste it (greedy me) I negated, and he Pheonix Wing Wind Blast me. I was left to top decking, and so I lost.
Had I just Magatama-ed he would have to wait a full turn before he could get anything done, by which point I would have won.
Against the dog, I had Mizuho, Shi'en and Kizan, with 3 backrow. When he jumped his BLS, I decided not to Solemn as I had Mirror Force, the end result he out my Sams one by one. I assumed that he would be playing his normal style of hitting everything he could like an idiot, but it appeared that he had a brain too.
That said I still may not have made it to Top 8, if I had won Bixuan I would be against Jeryl I think, and Dark World is a fairly good matchup for Six Sams, however I would have to face another TGAA in the 3rd round, which although is not a bad matchup for Sams, it's a bad matchup for me cos of my fear of Kristya(BITCH ANGEL).
I know I went around saying that I brought the wrong deck and should have brought my Doppel, other than the fact that I returned everyone everthing, I feel extremely uneasy playing Doppel without Librarian. Still, it was the deck I was using the past month, while I lent my Sams to Cavin for the same period, so I should be more fresh with a Doppel deck.
I think bringing the wrong deck is a lousy excuse now, Colin from Asia Cards Shop also brought Six Sams to Top Shop and made it to Top 8, when I asked to see his decklist, I realised it was EXTREMELY similar to the one I brought, with only a couple of tech choices different. This proves to show that I did not bring the wrong deck, I simply did not play well enough.
With that, I think it's time for me to regain my touch with my Sams. With the ability to use Balkion and Roach now, I should have no excuse if I am unable to live up to my own expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment